2020 KWK Legislative Session Intern
About KWK Management Group
KWK Management Group is a full-service government affairs firm with the experience, the expertise, the relationships, and the reputation to help you achieve your goals. Our knowledge of state politics, policies, and programs has been helping our clients succeed since 1992. We can help you build coalitions, connect with leaders, communicate your message, and get results. KWK is a family-owned firm run by founding partner, Kelli Waggoner and her son Grant Waggoner. Together, they bring over 40 years of experience working in state government.
Undergraduate sophomores, juniors, and seniors; graduate and law school students are eligible to apply for internships. All majors are welcome to apply – no previous political or government experience is required. Top applicants will demonstrate strong writing and interpersonal skills, project a positive attitude and be willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
- This is a PAID internship
- Interns may be eligible for academic credit through their university
- Numerous networking opportunities with legislators, state agencies, and private sector organizations
- Parking in downtown Indianapolis across from the Statehouse
- Support KWK staff daily at the Statehouse during 2020 legislative session
- Responsible for the filing and tracking of all relevant bills for KWK clients
- Communicate with legislative staff members/state agency staff/lobbyists to coordinate meetings
- Attend networking/social events alongside KWK staff
- The internship is for the 2020 Legislative Session (January 6 - March 30)
Deadline to apply is November15th